Tickets are on sale on Eventbrite. Buy before the end of June to get the best bargain. The price of a 3 day conference ticket has been held at £150 for the third year in a row.
- Early bird conference tickets are available until the end of June at £150 including tax
- Full price conference tickets will be available from July 1st at £250 including tax
Conference package with en-suite University accommodation (Conference ticket plus 3 nights from 4th-7th September):
- Early bird conference packages are available until the end of June at £300 including tax
- Full price conference packages will be available from July 1st at £400 including tax
Most people choose to take a conference package as it is reasonably priced, and gives a great sense of community, but if you want to stay somewhere else, or bring a partner, there is a range of accommodation available in Aberystwyth from Camping, through Bed and Breakfast, to swanky hotels. This is probably the best list of Aberystwyth accommodation.
Train is often the easiest way to get to Aberystwyth, with a pretty two hour journey from Shrewsbury. The Monday train getting in at 15:20 is in time to attend the Monday afternoon tutorials, and the conference finishes on Thursday in time to cath the 13:30 train to London (and eberywhere else - we are at the end of the line). You can get on any train to London with an off-peak tiket, which makes trains to/from Aber quire reasonable.
- Off-peak train tickets from London (any train after 9:30am from Euston) cost £78 return.
- Off-peak from Birmingham International is £55.
For European visitors, or those changing planes in Amsterdam or Dubai, Birmingham International Airport is the easiest place to fly into, with a direct rail link. Manchester Airport is reasonable, but you will probably need to change trains twice. Train details and ticket purchase can be done here.
For USA visitors, you will probably need to travel via Heathrow (although there is a direct flight from Newark to Birmingham). Train from London would be via London Euston, changing in Birmingham. Drive from Heathrow takes 4.5 hours and I wouldn't do it the same day I arrived in Heathrow on an overnight flight.